Director, Business Development - API and Mfg. - East Coast
Brief Job Summary:
This position is responsible for leading the business development activities in the US east coast within STA, WuXi’s API development and manufacturing division. The position works closely with STA’s other BD team members and senior management team in China to develop and execute the most effective strategy to increase API and intermediate sales in their area of geographic responsibility.
This position manages sites for key accounts and is also responsible for business development for any new accounts. This position works proactively with other BU team members, such as other BD team members, Marketing, Project Management, Technical Groups and Operations to assure objectives and goals are achieved.
This is a work from home position - we prefer that the candidate reside in Boston, MA or NJ.
- Develop plans and programs for existing accounts in his/her geography to gain market share in existing businesses, cross sell process development and manufacturing services and increase site penetration of all key accounts.
- Develop strategies and tactics to gain new business.
- Achieve sales revenue targets for key accounts and new accounts.
- Record progress of BD activities and provide regular updates to management.
- Work closely with business units, project management team and marketing to ensure coordination of efforts and ensure good communication with all parties. Help set up BU visits and stay involved when customers visit China.
- Collects and utilizes various data sources provide competitive intelligence, tracking and analysis of the competitive landscape in assigned segment.
- BA/BS in Life Science (preferably in Chemistry related field),Business, Marketing or related Technical degree, or equivalent training and/or experience is required.
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) or Masters (MS) in Life Sciences is preferred.
- 5-10 years of relevant industry experience in chemical or pharmaceutical development and/or manufacturing. Experience in CRO, CMO or API development and manufacturing organization is preferred.
- 5+ years of sales, project management and/or business development experience. Must have a proven track record of success meeting or exceeded goals/targets. Experience successfully navigating large matrixes organizations. Experience developing new accounts through various prospecting tactics.
- Experience selling products/services that typically require longer sales cycles (9 – 24 months). Strong knowledge of selling skills and selling strategies. Proven ability to meet or exceed company annual sales goals.
- Must be a self starter, self-motivated, highly flexible, with excellent communications skills (verbal, written, and presentation skills). Must be organized and detailed-oriented.
- Proven experience in creating successful business development plans and processes. Marketing experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills both in verbal and in writing.
- Must be willing to travel a minimum of 50% of the time on an annualized basis within and outside of assigned geographic region.
To apply please click on this link:https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=6755581