Director, Business Development for API Development, Cranbury, NJ
This position is responsible for leading the business development activities in the US east coast within STA, WuXi’s small molecule process development and API manufacturing division. The position works closely with STA’s other BD team members and senior management team in China to develop and execute the most effective strategy to increase API and intermediate sales in their area of geographic responsibility.
This position manages sites for key accounts and is also responsible for business development for any new accounts. This position works proactively with other BU team members, such as other BD team members, Marketing, Project Management, Technical Groups and Operations to assure objectives and goals are achieved.
- Develop plans and programs for existing accounts in his/her geography to gain market share in process development and API manufacturing services.
- Develop strategies and tactics to gain new business
- Achieve sales revenue targets for key accounts and new accounts.
- Record progress of BD activities and provide regular updates to management.
- Work closely with business units, project management team and marketing to ensure coordination of efforts and ensure good communication with all parties. Help set up BU visits and stay involved when customers visit China.
- Collects and utilizes various data sources provide competitive intelligence, tracking and analysis of the competitive landscape in assigned segment.
- 5-10 years of relevant industry experience in chemical or pharmaceutical process development and/or API manufacturing. Experience in CRO, CMO is preferred, but not required.
- 5+ years of sales, project management or sourcing experience.Must have a proven track record of success meeting or exceeded goals/targets.
- Must be a self starter, self-motivated, highly flexible, with excellent communications skills (verbal, written, and presentation skills). Must be organized and detailed-oriented.
- Proven experience in creating successful business development plans and processes. Marketing experience preferred but not required.
- Excellent communication skills both in verbal and in writing.
- A professional degree and training in Organic Chemistry is required. Ph.D or M.S. degree is preferred
- Master’s in Business Administration (MBA) nice to have but not required
- Signing and compliance with the company’s Confidentiality and Non-Competition Agreement is a condition of employment.
- Must be willing to travel about 50% of the time on an annualized basis within and outside of assigned geographic region.
- This job description does not state or imply that the above are the only duties and responsibilities assigned to this position. Employees holding this position will be required to perform any other job-related duties as requested by Management.
To apply please click on this link:https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=6755581