Bioinformatician, Cancer Genetics
- Working with our team of scientists and informatics staff on continued development and implementation of the tumor vs germline analysis based on our informatics pipeline applied to whole exome and whole genome datasets. Successful candidates will collaborate with our genetics and informatics groups to analyze our informatics systems for accuracy and content, and to further improve the analysis and interpretation of tumor-specific mutations.
- Our mature informatics pipeline was developed and validated using whole genome sequence data on hundreds of thousands of patients. It begins with the raw sequence data and results in comprehensive variant calls, tumor-specific calls, and variant annotations along with raw BAM file data stored in our novel sequence database infrastructure.
- These data and results are efficiently accessible through our validated web-based sequence analysis tools that integrate public domain disease variant and annotation datasets. The raw sequence data underlying potential pathogenic variants in germline or tumor sequences are immediately visualized for confirmation using our genome browser.
- This user-friendly system significantly reduces hands on time for the analysis and interpretation of sequence-based tests. The successful candidate will be located at our Cambridge site and will work with both our genetics group and our informatics group. Additional duties include training of outside users and the testing and validation of new versions of the sequence analysis tools.
- Include a PhD and a thorough understanding and experience in working with algorithms and software applications for high-throughput sequence data (NGS) and Bioinformatics.
- Significant programming experience is required (Unix shell programming and Python/Perl/Java/C++), as well as familiarity with some of the mainstream software packages for secondary analysis, such as BWA, GATK, MuTect, VarScan2, etc.
- Furthermore, applicants must have a good overview of the key public reference databases for clinical variation data. Additional experience in tumor biology and genetics would be an advantage.
- The candidate will be charged with implementing a compelling global brand vision and communicating that vision with passion and energy inside and outside the company.
- He or she will build a marketing strategy and program that anticipates global industry and competitive developments; creates superior, customer-focused, competitive strategies; and establishes innovative approaches to execute those strategies, in order to:
- Develop and implement customer-focused strategies and tactics to optimize growth, share, and profitability for all our products aimed at using the genome to improve medicine
- Assist business development with in-license evaluations and strategy to expand the portfolio
- Support early stage pipeline and in-license products assets to position for future market success
- Collaborate with and utilize the commercial and communications teams to develop and deliver marketing goals
- Lead and foster individual and team development by identifying and arranging challenging assignments, formal training, or other experiences that will ready the commercial team for business success and professional growth
- The individual will have strong marketing experience in a US or global company that commercializes genomics products, diagnostics or therapeutics, with a focus on rare disease and oncology a notable plus.
- She or he will have a solid understanding of the essential elements of molecular diagnostics and drug development, and how commercial insight shapes development decisions.
- The successful person in this role will have experience in integrating marketing into the day-to-day operations of a company, and understand the essential elements of core commercial functions (i.e., marketing, marketing research, sales, promotion, branding, new product planning and pricing/reimbursement).
- Demonstrated science acumen is essential.
- Develops marketing intelligence and informing product and business development
- Owns the collateral end products
- Manages scientific writing process (contracted, drafted from internal resources)
- Conference selection, participation design and management
Job Function: Research & Development
Primary Location: Cambridge, MA
Please contact Gregg.Hackett@wuxiapptec.com for more information about this position