As a computational chemist, you will be responsible for the application of computational chemistry methods to identify, optimize and develop drug candidates. In addition, you will interact closely with Medicinal Chemists and Biologists, applying CADD methods to the hit-to-lead and lead optimization projects, presenting the modeling results to the client and communicating with the client on the design idea and strategies. You will also be proactively involved in projects by exhibiting excellent communication and problem-solving skills to demonstrate value-added support to the client’s projects.
- The qualified candidate will have a PhD in Computational Chemistry or related field, Postdoctoral and 2 to 5 years industrial experience preferred. In addition, you should have:
- Expertise in structure-based design and ligand-based design, molecular docking, virtual screening, homology modeling, pharmacophore elucidation and QSAR.
- Be familiar with broad target classes such as enzymes (i.e. kinases, proteases and esterases), GPCR, ion channels, and protein-protein interactions.
- Extensive experience with commercial modeling software.
- A strong record of accomplishment (papers, patents and presentations).
- A strong team work ethic and excellent communication and presentation skills.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Mandarin Chinese.
Job Function: Research & Development
Primary Location: China – Shanghai