Director/Senior Director/Executive Director, DMPK Biotransformation Leader
This position is based in Shanghai, China, reporting to Head of DMPK Services at WuXi AppTec.
- As a technical expert, direct in vitro and in vivo biotransformation studies particularly in metabolite identification, structure elucidation, reactive metabolite trapping; and mass balance, tissue distribution, pharmacokinetics and metabolism studies with 14C-radiolabeled compounds in animals using various bioanalytical techniques such as high resolution Q-TOF and Q-Trap LC-MS/MS/UV systems, liquid scintillation analyzer, flow scintillation analyzer and oxidizer.
- Serve as a leader of DMPK representatives in partner medicinal chemistry programs. Accountability specifically in Structure- Metabolism relationship, DMPK data interpretation, program management, internal collaborations with other functions (chemistry, biology, pharmacology, toxicology, etc.)
- Direct and manage a functional team of biotransformation and 14C –labeled DMPK
- Identify and establish appropriate new capability relevant to biotransformation and 14C –related DMPK studies.
- Serve as a mentor and educator to subordinates as well as promote full career development potential.
- A Ph. D. degree in drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics, bioanalytical chemistry, mass spectrometry or a related degree with 5 - 15 years' industrial experience.
- Hands-on experience and skills in drug metabolism, bioanalytical chemistry, mass spectrometry, pharmacokinetics and the instrumentation on ion-trap LC-MS/MS/UV, high resolution LC-MS/MS/UV, liquid scintillation analyzer, flow scintillation analyzer and oxidizer.
- Strong capability and track record of DMPK representation in support of drug discovery and preclinical programs. A deep understanding in SMR for guiding medchem efforts.
- Working experience in biotransformation of small molecules in drug discovery, preclinical and early development stages.
- A proven track record of metabolite identification, structure elucidation and determination studies using non-labeled and 14C-labbeled test compounds in animals and humans
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills