Director of Marketing
- We are looking for an energetic, flexible and imaginative marketing professional with the ambition to help shape and build the leading product and technology portfolio in genomic medicine worldwide.
- The candidate will be charged with implementing a compelling global brand vision and communicating that vision with passion and energy inside and outside the company.
- He or she will build a marketing strategy and program that anticipates global industry and competitive developments; creates superior, customer-focused, competitive strategies; and establishes innovative approaches to execute those strategies, in order to:
- The individual will have strong marketing experience in a US or global company that commercializes genomics products, diagnostics or therapeutics, with a focus on rare disease and oncology a notable plus.
- She or he will have a solid understanding of the essential elements of molecular diagnostics and drug development, and how commercial insight shapes development decisions.
- The successful person in this role will have experience in integrating marketing into the day-to-day operations of a company, and understand the essential elements of core commercial functions (i.e., marketing, marketing research, sales, promotion, branding, new product planning and pricing/reimbursement).
- Demonstrated science acumen is essential.
- Develops marketing intelligence and informing product and business development
- Owns the collateral end products
- Manages scientific writing process (contracted, drafted from internal resources)
- Conference selection, participation design and management
- Develop and implement customer-focused strategies and tactics to optimize growth, share, and profitability for all our products aimed at using the genome to improve medicine
- Assist business development with in-license evaluations and strategy to expand the portfolio
- Support early stage pipeline and in-license products assets to position for future market success
- Collaborate with and utilize the commercial and communications teams to develop and deliver marketing goals
- Lead and foster individual and team development by identifying and arranging challenging assignments, formal training, or other experiences that will ready the commercial team for business success and professional growth
- BS/BA in bioinformatics, engineering or life science, MS life science field (preferred) or MBA
- 5+ years’ experience marketing in clinical or life science companies.
- Knowledge of genomics and diagnostics a major plus.
Job Function: Research & Development
Primary Location: Cambridge, MA
Please contact Gregg.Hackett@wuxiapptec.com for more information about this position