Director - Molecule cloning, protein engineering, cell biology
- Has a solid research skill in molecular biology, ORF/gene analysis, molecular cloning, vector design and construction, and proficient in using various gene database
- Bioinformatics knowledge and computational biology is a plus
- Has basic understanding of recombinant protein, protein-protein interaction and protein engineering.
- Able to effectively analyze, interpret, summarize, compile data and present internally.
- Keeps appropriate experimental records and documentation.
- Other responsibilities may be added at the company's discretion.
- Ph.D. or Master in molecular biology, macromolecular biophysics, protein chemistry, structural biology, or related field.
- Demonstrated interest in applying computational biology, bioinformatics, such as data mining for target of interest, sequence-structure correlations for protein engineering,
- A strong motivation in pursue science in drug discovery.
- Adaptable and productive in a fast-paced environment
- Good communication skills required, including writing notebooks and presentation in English.
- Strong team-working spirit and excellent communication and inter-personal skills.
- Doctor degree in related Life Science subjects with > 3 years related experience, or Master degree with > 10 years of industrial experience
- Applied knowledge of library construction and protein engineering/directed evolution methods focused on antibodies or other proteins, including structure-based mutagenesis is a plus
- Experience in structural characterization of protein-protein complexes, preferably antibody-antigen complexes is a plus
- Expertise in software for protein structure modeling (e.g. Rosetta) or molecular mechanics (e.g. NAMD) is a plus
- Proficiency in applications of deep sequencing technologies is preferred but not required.
- Experience in database setup and management.
Job Function: Research & Development
Primary Location: China-Shanghai