Director – In Vitro Biology & HTS
- Reporting to head of In Vitro Biology, lead a group of in vitro assay biologists, automation specialists and compound managers.
- Lead all aspects of HTS including but not limited to compound management, assay development, automation, and data processing. Capable of supporting multiple therapeutic research teams including oncology, infectious diseases, CNS, immunology and CMD.
- Lead all aspects of operations, assay validation and execution.
- Ensure robust and high quality assays using efficient use of automation and instrumentation.
- Proactively contribute to the optimization of screening operations including compound management and data analysis.
- Manage, motivate, train and develop scientists at all levels
- Coach group members to improve skills and productivity
- Propose, plan and quote a specific study
- Doctoral degree in a biomedical discipline with pharmaceutical or biotech experience working in biochemical or cell assay development and screening, data analysis and automation.
- Prior experience working with CROs is an asset.
- Proficiency in pharmacology and data interpretation.
- Demonstrated leadership skill. Proven ability to direct teams of scientists and work with multi-disciplinary teams in a matrix environment.
- Demonstrated ability to think strategically, direct assay execution, draw sound conclusions and communicate research results to clients.
- Good interpersonal and organization skills, with a good sense of prioritization of resource management, and compliance with all regulations.
- Effective communications with clients through emails, reports and presentations in meetings & TC.
- Fluent in both English and Chinese
- A Ph.D. in biochemistry, molecular biology, cell biology, biophysics or related field
- Over 5 years pharmaceutical/biotech/HTS experience.
- Proficient in biochemistry, enzymology, assay development, lab automation and HTS
- Demonstrated experience in managing projects, with an innate sense of urgency, appreciation of priorities and critical factors
- Excellent leadership, organizational and communication skills and ability to establish/maintain working relationship with colleagues and clients.
To apply please click on this link.