Executive Director of Process
This position is based in Shanghai, reporting to VP of Process at WuXi AppTec.
- Manage all projects of responsible department, set project priority and delivery timelines.
- Properly allocate resources to all project teams, and make adjustments whenever is needed to ensure that every project meets delivery timeline.
- Provide guidance to project leaders and ensure that they fully understand the project plan. When the delivery timeline of a project is impacted, immediately adjust the project plan and communicate with the customer. Propose solutions to ensure the success of the project.
- Summarize project management experience and document it as work standard and best practice. Continuously and constantly make improvement to these work standard and best practice according to customer needs. Provide training to subordinates so that they understand these work standard and best practice and apply them in their work.
- Be responsible for the product quality delivered by the department.
- Communicate with the customer, including writing project proposal, participating in tele-conference with the customer, reviewing and updating reports on ongoing projects, setting project priority and preparing project final report.
- Communicate with the customer in a timely manner and ensure customer satisfaction. The average annual score of customer survey is not less than B, and try to be A.
- Set vision to the department and make long-term, medium-term and short-term goals. To achieve the goals, make strategic planning and resources allocations.
- Establish and improve the workflow of the department. Bring the operating costs of the department under budget and improve the work efficiency.
- Hire new staff. Provide subordinates adequate professional and safety trainings and conduct annual performance review on them.
- Achieve annual department revenue target.
- Ensure that all the staff receive proper trainings, be developed and coached to comply with company and department policies, especially IP protection policy.
- Ensure the personal safety of the staff and the safety of your labs. Establish and implement lab SOP, and investigate any lab accident and propose solutions to prevent the occurrence of such event.
- A Ph.D. degree in organic chemistry or equivalent degree required.
- Has extensive, modern knowledge and hands on experience of synthetic organic chemistry, process R&D and GMP regulations etc.
- More than 15 years experience in organic synthesis or process R&D.
- More than 7 years work experience after PhD graduation; more than 5 years project management experience.
- Excellent presentation and communication skill in English is a must.
- A good team player and to demonstrate strong ability in problem solving, communications, project management and coordination, and team building.