Lab Technician - Virology
Performs assays according to and in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and/or Points to Consider (PTC) guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Completes batch records and other required documentation and performs laboratory maintenance duties according to GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs. Performs additional Research& Development activities as required. Performs daily work activities with minimal supervision.
- Conducts assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Accurately completes batch records and other required documentation according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Maintains laboratory notebook and follows all general and laboratory SOPs.
- Performs assays using appropriate laboratory techniques for lab group assigned to.
- Reports observations of ongoing tests to Study Director or Laboratory Manager
- Communicates with supervisor and other colleagues re: daily lab activities.
- Demonstrates proficiency in scientific theory and rigorous practical application in the completion of lab procedures
- Applies scientific rigor in the laboratory.
- Correctly analyzes scientific data with accuracy and precision.
- Performs daily work activities with minimal supervision.
- Contributes to the preparation and revision of technical documents and reports.
- Prepares reagents and completes reagent batch records.
- Checks reagents for expired chemicals and disposes of any expired reagents.
- Performs laboratory maintenance (i.e. decontaminates and disposes of medical and other waste as appropriate, maintains laboratory supply inventories, keeps work surfaces clean and neat) and keeps records of maintenance according to guidelines and SOPs.
- Performs routine equipment monitoring and cleaning (i.e. centrifuges, biosafety and chemical hoods, refrigerators, incubators and freezers) and keeps records according to guidelines and SOPs.
- Documents equipment information on temperature charts for monitored equipment and gives copy to Quality Assurance.
- Orders reagents and consumables as required and uses commodity specification procedure as assigned.
- Communicates inventory needs to Materials Management personnel.
- Contacts suppliers/vendors re: material information.
- Prepares samples to be subcontracted.
- Completes all requisite training (i.e. Bloodborne Pathogen, Quality Assurance, safety, etc.).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Life Sciences with 2+ year’s relevant experience is required.
- Experience in RNA/DNA isolation by multiple methods (i.e. gel imaging and gel electrophoresis) is required.
- End-point PCR and qPCRare required.
- Experience with cell-based assays, cell-culture, HPLC, and/or purification
- Willingness to work with radioactive materials is required.
- Experience with restriction digestion, blotting techniques (Southern and Northern) and radioisotopes is preferred.
- Ability to multitask is required.
- Effective written and communication skills are required.
To apply please click on this link:https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=9808631