Postdoctoral Research Associate, Met ID
- Identification of drug metabolites using liquid chromatography-tandem mass spectrometry, NMR, and other analytical methodologies.
- Elucidation of metabolic pathways involves the identification and quantification of metabolites in biological matrices (e.g., blood, plasma, excreta) using HPLC with radioactivity detection and/or LC-MS/MS.
- Conduct in vivo and in vitro metabolism studies.
- Handle radio-labeled materials (e.g., 3H, 14C).
- Implements new techniques and instrumentation to improve technical operations.
- Prepares scientific reports that document the analytical results and interpretation for the identification of drug metabolites.
- Authors scientific papers, which are published in peer reviewed journals, and presented in scientific meetings.
- Collaborate with other scientists in a team to support metabolism studies.
- Knowledge of in-vitro and in-vivodrug metabolism processes and related bioanalytical techniques.
- Conduct LC-MS/MS analysis and interpretation.
- Ph.D. degree in a chemical, pharmaceutical, biological discipline or equivalent
- 1-2 years of relevant research experience, or equivalent, is desirable
- Any similar combination of education and experience
- Experience in structural characterization and identification of drug metabolites using LC/MS/MS.
- Experience and knowledge of in vivo and in vitro metabolism.
- Experience with radioisotope handling (e.g., 3H, 14C) biochemical techniques is a plus.
- Experience and knowledge in design of NMR experiments, operation, and data interpretation as applied to identification of unknowns is a plus.
Capabilities and Skills:
- Basic knowledge of commonly used scientific concepts, practices, and procedures within a biological or chemical R&D laboratory setting
- Highly motivated with excellent communication and organizational skills
- Well organized, detail oriented, and adaptable to changes
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Effective interpersonal skills
- Computer skills: knowledge of internet research, MS Word, Excel, Outlook, and PowerPoint are desirable
- Ability to learn quickly and effectively in a dynamic laboratory environment
- Ability to follow instructions and research plans with limited supervision
- Ability to work in a team environment
- Ability to understand and adhere to regulatory guidelines consistent with XBL requirements
Job Function: Research & Development
Primary Location: Plainsboro NJ
Please contact Jennifer.Royal@wuxiapptec.com for more information about this position
If you are interested in learning more about the opportunities, please visit our website: https://careers-wuxiapptec.icims.com/jobs