STA Executive Director of Process Engineering
- Manage all projects of responsible department, set project priority, and delivery timelines.
- Lead Process Engineering Department including flow chemistry, process safety, and crystallization teams. Develop new specialized engineering teams to perform other core chemical engineering research including mass transfer, mixing, drying, filtration, and distillation.
- Properly allocate resources to all project teams, and make adjustments whenever is needed to ensure that every project meets delivery timeline.
- Provide guidance to the team and ensure that they fully understand the project plan. When the delivery timeline of a project is impacted, immediately adjust the project plan and communicate with the management and the customer. Propose solutions to ensure the success of the project.
- Continuously and constantly make improvement to these work standard and best practice according to customer needs. Provide training to subordinates so that they understand these work standard and best practice and apply them in their work.
- Be responsible for the product quality delivered by the department.
- Responsible for projects and collaboration assigned to the team.
- Ensure all projects are delivered on time within budget with high quality.
Communications with the customer
- Communicate with the customer in a timely manner and ensure complete customer satisfaction.
- Ensures the team works well and satisfies the requirements needed by other STA units.
- Ensure all the reports (including weekly update, final report , PPT file and campaign report) are accurate and are ready on time
- Immediately communicate with upper management and clients when issues to impact the progress and plan of the projects occur; and provide backup plan to ensure success of the project.
- Communicate with clients efficiently by TC or email (carefully organize the materials and the detailed information)
- Response to clients immediately by TC or email for some special requirements.
- Assist to build good relationship with clients and to arrange visit for clients.
Management of the department
- Set vision and goals for the department. To achieve the goals, make strategic planning and resources allocations.
- Establish and improve the workflow of the department. Bring the operating costs of the department under budget and improve the work efficiency.
- Hire new staff. Provide subordinates adequate professional and safety trainings and conduct annual performance review on them.
- Ensure the team is aligned with company policies and department procedures.
- Continuously develop people within the team and improve overall team’s capability and productivity.
- Be able to lead multiple groups.
- Be able to manage multiple projects simultaneously
- Promote talented team members and evaluate all team remembers
- Optimize the workflow and involve the daily management of the department
- Recruit new staff and provide trainings
Implementing of the company’s policies:
- Ensure that all the staff receive proper trainings, be developed and coached to comply with company and department policies, especially IP protection policy.
- Ensure the personal safety of the staff and the safety of your labs. Establish and implement lab SOP, and investigate any lab accident and propose solutions to prevent the occurrence of such event.
- Ensure team members to strictly comply with all the policies of company and department.
- Ensure the personal safety of team members and the safety of labs. Investigate and prevent any violations and accidents.
- Ensure all staff receive proper trainings, be developed and coached to comply with company and department policies, especially IP protection policy.
- Ensure the personal safety of the staff and the safety of your labs. Establish and implement lab SOP, and investigate any lab accident and propose solutions to prevent the reoccurrence of such event.
- PhD in Chemical Engineering.
- Must be proficient in Engineering aspects of process R&D, is familiar with GMP regulations.
- E Excellent in presentation and communication in English.
- 14 years in work in relation with Chemical Engineering or process R&D; 12 years work experience after PhD graduation; 4 years or above project management experience.
- Demonstrate ability in problem solving, communications, project management and coordination, and team cooperation.
Any applications, pls contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; email@example.com