- This person will provide expert advice on our next-generation sequence (NGS) analysis application, assist customers in troubleshooting and developing custom analysis tools, provide training, and develop documentation and support materials, and develop and maintain positive relationships with customers.
- Additional responsibilities include working with our informatics group to give feedback on our systems and defining strategies and content to further improve the analysis and interpretation of NGS data.
- Our mature informatics pipeline was developed and validated using whole genome sequence data on hundreds of thousands of patients. It begins with the raw sequence data and results in comprehensive variant calls, tumor-specific calls, and variant annotations along with raw BAM file data stored in our novel sequence database infrastructure.
- These data and results are efficiently accessible through our validated web-based sequence analysis tools that integrate public domain disease variant and annotation datasets. The raw sequence data underlying potential pathogenic variants in germline or tumor sequences are immediately visualized for confirmation using our genome browser.
- This user-friendly system significantly reduces hands on time for the analysis and interpretation of sequence-based tests.
- The successful candidate will be located at our Cambridge site and will work directly with partner medical centers, laboratories, and pharmaceutical companies in interpretation of research and clinical sequencing tests using our informatics systems.
- PhD with experience in NGS data analysis, or MS with additional hands on experience required.
- At least 3 years’ experience in NGS data analysis required.
- Scientific writing and bioinformatics experience is a plus.
- Must be willing to travel up to 25%.
- Outstanding problem solving and interpersonal skills.
- Strong written and verbal communication and training skills.
Job Function: Research & Development
Primary Location: Cambridge, MA
Please contact Gregg.Hackett@wuxiapptec.com for more information about this position