Biologics Senior Scientist- Cell Culture Process Development
- The Scientist will lead a team of staff members in the development of stable cell lines for recombinant proteins for clients around the world. This scientist will be responsible for upstream cell line development and clone selection. The successful candidate will develop strategies and oversee project execution at Wuxi AppTec.
- Able to applies expertise to cell line development projects to produce stable cell lines suitable for clients’ human clinical trials with experience of transfection, selection and amplification protocols
- Design experimental plans, lead cell line development execution. Critically analyze cell culture data, interpret and integrate experiment results.
- Responsibilities include regular communications with external clients to update project status, writing interim and final technical reports. Maintain records sufficient to support regulatory filings
- Investigate, create and develop new methods and technologies for advancements in the area of cell line development
- Hands-on experience in mammalian cell culture or microbial fermentation using bioreactors is preferred
- Experience with recombinant protein expression is a plus.
- Have strong expertise in process optimization, scale-up and technology transfer.
- Experience with medium optimization, DoE studies, regulatory submission to the FDA/EMEA and personnel management is preferred.
- Key aspects of the position include coaching, mentoring and managing junior staff members,
- Technical oversight of study design, execution and results interpretation.
- Ability to accomplish the described duties through the use of appropriate computer equipment and software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel and Outlook).
- Must be able to write effectively as demonstrated through authorship of technical reports, and SOPs.
- Good record of publication and strong communication skills.
- Must be able to follow detailed instructions and record information clearly and accurately.
- We are seeking a candidate with PhD degree and 0-2 years industry or postdoc experience.
- Have background in one of the following fields: biochemical or biological engineering, cell/molecular biology, biochemistry, or microbiology.
- Industrial experience in the Biotech/Biopharma environment is a strong plus.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Ability to take on multiple tasks simultaneously.
- Must be able to wear appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Must be able to effectively communicate detailed information through verbal and written communication and demonstrates effective interpersonal skills.
Job Function: Research & Development
Primary Location: China-Shanghai