Senior Scientist, Downstream Process Development
Downstream Process Development Shanghai subdivision is responsible for the purification process development, scale-up, technical transfer and support for the pre-clinical and clinical manufacturing at Wuxi AppTec biological facility in Wuxi, China. The scope of downstream process development includes the cell culture clarification (centrifuge and depth filtration), column chromatography, viral inactivation/removal, and ultrafiltration/diafiltration.
- Leads 2 – 3 scientists to develop scalable protein purification processes for pre-clinical and cGMP clinical manufacturing,
Troubleshoot the issues of manufacturing, and develop new purification technology to improve the development efficiency and low the cost of development.
Design the downstream processes that are efficient, robust and scalable for the clinical manufacturing.
- Assist the group leader to coordinate the work between the downstream development group and other functional groups to meet the project objectives and timelines.
- Coach the junior staff on the process development and validation.
- Establish the robust purification development and scale-up platform.
- PhD with 1+ years downstream process development experience
- Experience in developing the large-scale chromatography, centrifuge and depth filtration harvest, ultrafiltration/diafiltration, and viral inactivation and removal
- At least one year’s leading project experience
- Experience in technical transfer.
- Ph.D from Biochemistry, Biophysics, or related fields.
- Proven track record of productivity and publications.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Mandarin Chinese.
Job Function: Research & Development
Primary Location: China-Shanghai