Senior/Principal Scientist of Process Research Development
- Excellent knowledge of organic chemistry and organic synthesis, extensive experience in literature search and route selection, and familiar with spectra interpretation and compound identification.
- Able to independently design new route routes and explore the alternative synthesis.
- Capable of handling multiple complex projects at the same time, preparing the project plans, executing the plans and solving potential problems.
- Familiar with plant equipment and operations, providing production support and conducting trouble-shooting in the plant to ensure the success of the manufacturing.
- Complete weekly dates, final reports and campaign reports in a timely manner.
- Teleconference with the clients. Able to discuss the technical issues with the clients and answer the clients’ questions.
- Lead a small team with a few chemists.
- Coach and train junior chemists.
- Implement and comply with company and department policies such as EHS and IP policy
- Master’s degree or above in organic chemistry, medicinal chemistry, chemical engineering, or related fields.
- Extensive knowledge and hands-on experience in organic chemistry, process R&D and GMP regulations.
- . Excellent written and verbal communication skills in both English and Mandarin Chinese.
- Skilled on Microsoft Word, Excel and PPT, chemdraw software etc.
- As a master, 7 years or above experience in organic synthesis or process R&D and 4 years or above research projects management. As a doctor, 3 years or above experience in organic synthesis or process R&D and 2 years or above research projects management.
- Excellent skills in problem solving, communications, project management and coordination, and team building.
Job Function: Research & Development
Primary Location: China-Shanghai