Senior Staff Scientist II, Bioanalytical
- Designs, plans, and caries out experiments and associated research assignments.
- Independently devise procedures or studies to search out causes and remedies for problems.
- Performs and/or oversees work to attain objectives.
- Operates and/or oversees the operation of equipment to acquire experimental data.
- Utilizing the effective time management to complete assigned tasks on time with high accuracy
- Advise Junior Scientist on the effective time management to increase efficiency.
- Compiles, calculates, plots, and analyzes, and with experience, interprets data; records and maintains data in accordance with accepted standards and practices.
- Assumes complete responsibility for assigned projects, such as acting as study director/ principal investigator, and assumes a continuing responsibility for contributing ideas related to this area of investigation.
- Prepares reports, oral and written, covering work objectives, methods, and results, which may include recommendation for further experimentation.
- May act as a project coordinator.
- Thorough understanding of Good Laboratory Practices and EPA, FDA, or other regulations pertaining to the study.
- Promotes implementation and compliance with XBL safety policies, practices, and procedures in order to maintain a safe work environment and minimize or eliminate injury.
- Maintains and enhances technical expertise, knowledge, in the Bioanalytical area which include up-to-date-technology in method development and sample analysis for parent drugs and its metabolites in various biological matrices.
- Prepare scientific presentation in-house and in scientific meetings
- Thorough understanding of Protocol Design (Pre-clinical and Clinical Studies)
- Guides and counsels employees in order to contribute to the goals of XBL for both the long and short period and to encourage personal growth.
- Identifies safety hazards and initiates corrective action. Assists in the safety training for subordinates and/or less experienced staff.
- Supervises and participates in training of Staff Scientist, Associate Scientist, Assistant Scientist, and Laboratory Assistant.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Act as an expert in designated area of technology either Software or hardware related to the Bioanalytical techniques.
- Bachelor’s or M.S. degree in chemistry, biology, or equivalent
- At least 7-10 years of relevant experience in animal research field or equivalent
- Any similar combination of education and experience
Job Function: Research & Development
Primary Location: Plainsboro NJ
Please contact Jennifer.Royal@wuxiapptec.com for more information about this position
If you are interested in learning more about the opportunities, please visit our website: https://careers-wuxiapptec.icims.com/jobs