Supervisor – Genotoxicology
Brief Job Summary:
Responsible for organizing, planning and managing the personnel, systems and resources necessary to support Genotoxicology testing needs.
- Perform job specific tasks in compliance with applicable Code of Federal Regulations, International Standards and WuXi AppTec Policies and Standard Operating Procedures.
- Complete all tasks necessary to maintain seamless operation of the laboratory.
- This requires working with appropriate WuXi AppTec facility maintenance personnel, technical staff, cleaning personnel and outside vendors.
- Supervise daily activities of technical staff, clearly communicate work assignments, and ensure that procedures are completed as directed.
- Ensure that each employee receives individual training for laboratory duties and continued training of experiences staff as appropriate.
- Ensures that all training activities are thoroughly documented.
- Perform Genotoxicology assays and proper documentation.
- Understands and performs the following laboratory techniques: aseptic technique, cell culture, light and fluorescent microscopy and reagent preparation.
- Conduct Ames, Chromosome Aberration, Mouse Lymphoma and Mouse Micronucleus assays independently
- Maintain and prepare bacterial cell cultures and samples according to WuXi AppTec Standard Operating Procedures
- Maintain laboratory equipment and facilities according to GMP/GLP regulations and WuXi AppTec Standard Operating Procedures
- Understand the proper and safe use of hazardous chemicals
- Understand the proper and safe handling of potentially pathogenic materials
- Ordering of laboratory supplies and reagents
- Schedule testing process and the necessary technical staff in support of testing demand
- Plan and execute qualifications and validations within the department
- Understand assay specific regulations and reference documents
- Review SOPs and update as necessary
- Review laboratory documentation
- Annual reviews for technical staff and maintenance of personnel training records
- Client communications as appropriate, including client tours
- Lift 50 lbs
- GLP/GMP experience preferred
- 3 plus year of supervisory experience required
- Ability to distinguish between colors
- BS/BA or equivalent in Biological Sciences
To apply please click on this link: https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=9573811