Associate Lab Technician-Virus Production
Brief Job Summary:
Performs assays according to and in compliance with Good Laboratory Practices (GLP), current Good Manufacturing Practices (cGMP), Code of Federal Regulations (CFR) and/or Points to Consider (PTC) guidelines and Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs). Under direct supervision, completes batch records and other required documentation and performs laboratory maintenance duties according to GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Conducts assays and lab procedures according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Accurately completes batch records and other required documentation according to and in compliance with GLP, cGMP, CFR and/or PTC guidelines and SOPs.
- Maintains laboratory notebook and follows all general and laboratory SOPs.
- Performs assays using appropriate laboratory techniques for lab group assigned to.
- Reports observations of ongoing tests to Study Director or Laboratory Manager.
- Communicates with supervisor and other colleagues re: daily lab activities.
- Prepares reagents and completes reagent batch records.
- Checks reagents for expired chemicals and disposes of any expired reagents.
- Performs laboratory maintenance (i.e. decontaminates and disposes of medical and other waste as appropriate, maintains laboratory supply inventories, keeps work surfaces clean and neat) and keeps records of maintenance according to guidelines and SOPs.
- Performs routine equipment monitoring and cleaning (i.e. centrifuges, biosafety and chemical hoods, refrigerators, incubators and freezers) and keeps records according to guidelines and SOPs.
- Documents equipment information on temperature charts for monitored equipment and gives copy to Quality Assurance.
- Prepares samples to be subcontracted.
- Orders reagents and consumables as required and uses commodity specification procedure as assigned.
- Completes all requisite training (i.e. Bloodborne Pathogen, Quality Assurance, safety, etc.).
- Bachelor's Degree in Biological Sciences with 1+ years of relevant lab experience is required.
- Knowledge of cell-based assays is preferred.
- Mammalian cell culture experience is preferred.
- Experience handling virus, or virus-like particles is preferred.
- Experience with AKTA chromatography system (Unicorn) software is preferred.
- Excellent organization skills are preferred.
To apply please click on this link:https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=9759801