WuXi PharmaTech Presents 2013 Life Science and Chemistry Awards
Dec 10, 2013
Shanghai, December 10, 2013 -- WuXi PharmaTech (NYSE: WX), a leading pharmaceutical, biotechnology, and medical device research and development outsourcing company with operations in China and the United States, announced the winners of the seventh annual WuXi PharmaTech Life Science and Chemistry Awards at a ceremony held on December 7, 2013, at Diaoyutai State Guesthouse in Beijing. Fifteen highly accomplished young scholars received the awards.
Originated in 2007, the WuXi PharmaTech Life Science and Chemistry Awards are the first nationwide scientific awards in China established by a life science enterprise. The awards aim to foster early innovation and to encourage pursuit of excellence in life science research. Participants were carefully selected by a committee comprised of distinguished experts from Chinese life science academia and industry.
“We are excited to recognize some of the brightest minds in China through our Life Science and Chemistry Awards,” said Dr. Ge Li, Chairman and CEO of WuXi PharmaTech. “Their excellent research has the potential to substantially help our industry to better understand diseases and to find cures that benefit patients around the world.”
Since its inception, 110 scholars from more than 30 premier Chinese universities and research institutes have received WuXi PharmaTech Life Science and Chemistry Awards, of whom three were later elected to the Chinese Academy of Sciences or the Chinese Academy of Engineering.
Winners of the 2013 Outstanding Achievements Awards included:
• Prof. Hongkui Deng, School of Life Science, Peking University
• Dr. Wenhui Li, National Institute of Biological Sciences, Beijing
Winners of the 2013 Scholar Awards included:
• Prof. Wenjing Xiao, School of Chemistry, Central China Normal University
• Dr. Yaping Li, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences
• Dr. Jinsong Li, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences
• Dr. Xuechen Li, Department of Chemistry, Hong Kong University
• Dr. Jianjun Zhang, China Pharmaceutical University
• Prof. Maojun Yang, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University
• Dr. Jiawei Zhou, Institute of Neuroscience, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences
• Prof. Shimin Zhao, School of Life Sciences, Fudan University
• Dr. Niu Huang, National Institute of Biological Sciences, Beijing
• Dr. LiJian Hui, Institute of Biochemistry and Cell Biology, Shanghai Institutes for Biological Sciences, Chinese Academy of Sciences
• Dr. Linghua Meng, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences
• Dr. Zhengying Pan, Shenzhen Graduate School, Peking University
• Dr. Jianhua Ju, South China Sea Institute of Oceanology, Chinese Academy of Sciences
About WuXi PharmaTech
As a research-driven and customer-focused company, WuXi PharmaTech provides a broad and integrated portfolio of laboratory and manufacturing services throughout the drug and medical device R&D process. WuXi PharmaTech's services are designed to assist its global partners in shortening the cycle and lowering the cost of drug and medical device R&D. WuXi AppTec is the name for the operating subsidiaries of WuXi PharmaTech. For more information, please visit: http://www.wuxiapptec.com.
WuXi PharmaTech's Contacts:
Ronald Aldridge, Director of Investor Relations
+1 (201) 585-2048
Aaron Shi, Associate Director, Corporate Communications