WuXi PharmaTech Presents 2014 Life Science and Chemistry Awards
Dec 08, 2014
SHANGHAI, Dec. 8, 2014 -- WuXi PharmaTech (Cayman) Inc. (NYSE: WX), a leading open-access R&D capability and technology platform company serving the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries, with operations in China and the United States, announced the winners of the eighth annual WuXi PharmaTech Life Science and Chemistry Awards at a ceremony held on December 7 at Diaoyutai State Guesthouse in Beijing.
Originated in 2007, the WuXi PharmaTech Life Science and Chemistry Awards are the first nationwide scientific awards in China established by a life science enterprise. The awards aim to stimulate early-stage innovation and to promote excellence in life science research. Participants were carefully selected by a committee comprised of distinguished experts from Chinese life science academia and industry.
"We are excited to nominate these bright scholars and feel privileged to be able to recognize their extraordinary contribution to the scientific community," said Dr. Ge Li, Chairman and Chief Executive Officer of WuXi PharmaTech. "The scientific and practical implications of their pioneering work will be far-reaching and will touch many lives worldwide."
Since its inception, 128 scholars from more than 30 premier Chinese universities and research institutes have received WuXi PharmaTech Life Science and Chemistry Awards, of whom eight were later elected to the Chinese Academy of Sciences or the Chinese Academy of Engineering.
Winners of the 2014 Outstanding Achievements Awards included:
- Dr. Jie Qiao, Peking University Third Hospital
- Dr. Beili Wu, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Dr. Yongjun Wang, Beijing Tian Tan Hospital, Capital Medical University
Winners of the 2014 Scholar Awards included:
- Dr. Mengqiu Dong, National Institute of Biological Sciences, Beijing
- Dr. Shuli You, Shanghai Institutes of Organic Chemistry, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Prof. Xing Chen, College of Chemistry and Molecular Engineering, Peking University
- Prof. Jinghong Li, Department of Chemistry, Tsinghua University
- Prof. Yichun Zhu, School of Pharmacy, Fudan University
- Dr. Caiguang Yang, Shanghai Institute of Materia Medica, Chinese Academy of Sciences
- Prof. Tianwei Lin, School of Life Sciences, Xiamen University
- Prof. Tingjun Hou, College of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Zhejiang University
- Prof. Hongying Zhong, College of Chemistry, Central China Normal University
- Prof. Guoqing Liu, Institute of Cardiovascular Sciences, Peking University Health Science Center
- Prof. Li Yang, State Key Laboratory of Biotherapy, Sichuan University
- Prof. Xinquan Wang, School of Life Sciences, Tsinghua University
- Prof. Hong Chen, Peking University People's Hospital
- Prof. Huchen Zhou, School of Pharmacy, Shanghai Jiao Tong University
- Prof. Tiansheng Sun, PLA, The Military General Hospital of Beijing
About WuXi PharmaTech
WuXi PharmaTech (NYSE: WX) is a leading open-access R&D capability and technology platform company serving the pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device industries, with operations in China and the United States. As a research-driven and customer-focused company, WuXi PharmaTech provides pharmaceutical, biotechnology and medical device companies with a broad and integrated portfolio of laboratory and manufacturing services throughout the drug and medical device R&D process. WuXi PharmaTech's services are designed to help its global partners in shortening the cycle and lowering the cost of drug and medical device R&D. The operating subsidiaries of WuXi PharmaTech are known as WuXi AppTec.
For more information, please contact:
Director of Investor Relations
+1 (201) 585-2048
Director of Corporate Communications