Project Manager or DOE (Wuxi, China)
- Leads the project team to fulfill the contract requirement and meet the client’s need for CMC development or manufacturing projects as appropriate.
- Tracks the progress of projects and coordinates WuXi's staff and resources to meet project deadlines in a timely and efficient manner.
- Disseminates and facilitates information flow/exchange among WuXi departments and between the client and WuXi.
- Manage scope change in project execution and assist to sign supplementary agreement for it.
- Holds regular internal project meetings to discuss and plan the projects.
- Holds regular meetings with clients to update progress via teleconference or site visits as appropriate.
- Maintains records to document all relevant communications related to projects.
- Copies files and mails final reports.
- Help Service Department to generate invoices and send them to the client.
- Maintains the WuXi standard quality and format of communications (e.g. letters, proposals, reports, etc.) and overall harmonization of documentation at the corporate level.
- Monitors timeline and contract for accuracy and follows up on any discrepancies with clients and/or internal personnel.
- Assists with training of team members as appropriate.
- Tracks and confirms client materials transfer information.
- Performs other duties as required.
- BS/MS with major in Biological Sciences, Chemical engineering, or equivalent training plus 1 or more years project management experience or equivalent training and/or experience.
- Ability to accomplish the described duties through the use of appropriate computer equipment and software (i.e. Microsoft Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Project and Outlook) and general office equipment (i.e. photocopier, fax machine and phone equipment).
- Ability to accurately and reproducibly perform arithmetic calculations including fractions, decimals and percentages.
- Ability to use judgment as dictated by complexity of situation.
- Ability to work under limited supervision and to handle problems of a more difficult nature.
- Ability to interpret written instructions and to write form letters and routine correspondence.
- Ability to understand and follow verbal or demonstrated instructions.
- Ability to receive and comprehend and to effectively communicate detailed information through verbal and written communication.
- Ability to prioritize tasks in fast paced work environment.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team and to exhibit effective interpersonal skills.
- Ability to build rapport with internal co-workers and clients in such a way as to maximize quality of client service.