Group Leader/Assistant Director/Associate Director, Biotransformation
Experienced Scientist to conduct, lead and manage metabolite identification and profiling studies in in vitro systems (liver microsomes, S9, plasma, hepatocytes, etc.), and in vivo systems (mice, rats, dogs, monkeys, etc.). This position requires supervision of master level scientists and managing day to day operation of the group. Excellent oral and written communication skills are requirements. Strong experience in areas of metabolite identification, mass spectrometry and gas phase ion chemistry is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Develop bioanalytical methods for metabolite identification and semi-quantitative analysis of non-labeled and 14C- or 3H- labeled compounds with various bioanalytical techniques such as high resolution and ion trap LC-MS/MS /UV systems, liquid scintillation analyzer, flow scintillation analyzer and oxidizer.
- Identify, characterize and isolate metabolites in liver microsomes, S9 fraction, plasma, urine, bile and tissues.
- Perform mass balance studies and metabolite identification with 3H- or 14C-radiolabeled compounds in animals.
- Generate study protocols, reports in drug metabolism studies.
- Manage in vitro and in vivo biotransformation studies, and daily operation of the group
- Possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- A Ph. D. degree in drug metabolism, pharmacokinetics, bioanalytical chemistry, or a related degree with 3 - 5 years' industrial experience.
- A proven track record of metabolite identification and structure elucidation
- Hands-on experience in drug metabolism, bioanalytical chemistry, mass spectrometry, pharmacokinetics and the instrumentation on ion-trap LC-MS/MS/UV, high resolution LC-MS/MS/UV, liquid scintillation analyzer, flow scintillation analyzer and oxidizer.
- Working knowledge of bioanalytical chemistry, drug metabolism, enzymology and pharmacokinetics in drug discovery, preclinical and early development
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills.