Director/Senior Director/Executive Director, Phage Display & Antibody Engineering
The major responsibilities of this position
- Focus on and lead antibody discovery (through phage display and other molecular biology approaches), antibody/protein engineering and high throughput assay development. Initiate research proposal and work plan; execute and deliver integrated biologics discovery service projects on time with high quality.
- Recruit, train, lead team of 10-25 scientists, include daily troubleshooting.
- Be able to establish and maintain business relationship with companies worldwide; be able to develop and maintain high level of scientific achievements for the company; be expected to be major contact for project coordination, including email and video/tele- conference with customers or collaborators. Be able to effectively communicate and interact with business partners and internal related departments
- Ph.D. in biological sciences or related discipline
- 4-8+ years research experience in antibody/ protein therapeutics. Industry experience is strongly preferred
- The candidate must have hands on in-depth experiences in murine and human phage display library construction.
- The candidate should have in-depth experience in phage library panning, high throughput binding and functional screen. Industry experience is strongly preferred and experiences with antibody humanization and affinity maturation, and/or antibody engineering to improve drug properties is a plus
- The candidate must be well organized with excellent interpersonal and oral/written communication skills.
- The candidate should have basic level management skill and experiences.
- The candidate should have a good sense of prioritization in resource management and be able to manage multi-projects simultaneously.