Research Fellow - medicinal chemistry
- You need to conversant in medicinal chemistry, have good communications skills and functional in English and Chinese.
- You will manage 1 or 2 medchem projects where you need to be the lead chemist/lead designer.
- You will interact with biologists, pharmacologists, DMPK scientists, and CADD to properly interpret biological data.
- You will design rounds of SAR compounds, have them synthesized, and evaluated.
- You need to seek advice from more senior medchem personnel to analyze and overcome any hurtles the project may encounter.
- You should be able to summarize and provide high level updates to clients or WX managers.
- You will be presenting at TCs, approving research reports before sending to clients, and participate in client project reviews. You also need to coach team chemists on basic medchem concepts.
- PhD in organic or medicinal chemistry (or a lower degree plus experiences)
- solid background in synthetic and medicinal chemistry
- proven track record of successfully leading hit id, lead id, and lead optimization projects.
- 3-8 years of industrial experience post Ph.D degree is required.