Group Leader/Assistant Director_Metabolism and Drug-Drug Interaction
Experienced Scientist to design, lead and manage metabolic stability in microsomes, cytosol, S9, and supersomes and drug-drug interaction in liver microsomes. This position requires supervision of master level scientists and managing day to day operation of the group. Excellent oral and written communication skills are critical requirements. Expertise in areas of drug metabolism enzymes and sciences is essential.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Manage in vitro metabolism studies (including in vitro metabolic stability, P450 inhibition, and reaction phenotyping etc).
- Provide scientific guidance to DMPK personnel on drug metabolism enzymes and in vitro metabolism studies
- Manage daily operation of the group
- Prepare protocol, cost analysis, and quotation
- Conduct process improvement/optimization.
- Ensure compliance with all applicable regulations of Wuxi Apptec
- Serve as a role model for others.
- M.S. or Ph.D. in Pharmaceutical Sciences, Biochemistry, or related discipline 3-5 years or more of industry and/or related ADME/PK experience.
- Must have demonstrated expertise in in vitro metabolism studies.
- Extensive knowledge of drug metabolism, drug metabolism enzymes and enzymology.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated management and leadership skills.