Senior Scientist—VTD PHL
Brief Job Summary:
Job functions include (but are not limited to):
- Designs, conducts and coordinates scientific development projects from inception to completion for the development of new assays and for assay improvements.
- Conducts critical review of results and reports data to appropriate internal staff.
- Actively troubleshoots results and provides suggestions on how to improve methodology.
- Writes research and development reports and GLP/GMP reports and ensures all data is represented clearly and accurately.
- Authors assay qualification and validation protocols and reports.
- Prepares and revises technical documents (Laboratory vbProtocols SOPs, etc.)
- Demonstrates exceptional written and oral communication
- Effectively interacts with clients to address scientific and related issues.
- Interacts with pertinent internal departments (i.e. Operations, Quality Assurance and Project Management) to assure that appropriate testing information is effectively communicated and documented.
- Authors abstracts and presents at scientific meetings, as needed.
- Author risk assessments, as needed.
- PhD in Molecular Virology or related field with more than 2 yearsof experience is required.
- MS Degree in Molecular Biology, Virology, Cell Biology or related field plus 7 or more years of experience is required.
- Highly skilled in mammalian cell culture, cell-based potency assays, viral titration and qPCR assay validation experience is highly desired.
- Experience with next generation sequencing, biomarker analyses, and high volume automated qPCR testing is a plus.
- Experience in a cGLP and/or cGMP facility is desirable.
- Ability to work independently and as a team member in a diverse multi-disciplinary team.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks in parallel while working on a large number of projects.
- Strong written and oral communication skills, organizational and record-keeping skills
- Excellent troubleshooting skills
To apply please click on this link:https://home.eease.adp.com/recruit/?id=9648101